We offer you some helpful tips to create your artwork and a series of optimized templates that we tested and it will offer the best quality for your print.
- Formats accepted:
PDF, AI, EPS, TIF
We accept also JPEG, but this format is not recomanded because of poor image quality.
We do not accept CDR (Corel draw files).
- Graphic resolution:
Create your files to a manageable scale (versus the full scale of the final board). We recommend working at a scale of 1/4' = 1'.
- Please provide a minimum resolution of 300 dpi for any photographic elements.
- For banners under 6 sq feet please create the artwork at 1':1' scale with at least 150 dpi.
- For banners between 6 sq feet and 24 sq feet please create the artwork at 1/2':1' scale with at least 300 dpi.
- We do not require any bleed for the artwork.
- How to save the file for optimum quality/size:
If you use a graphic editor (Photoshop) please flattern the image (flattern the layers) when you want to save the final version. If do you want to keep the layers into the file, do UNDO or save the file with the layers with a new name and after this flattern the image.
With the image flattern save the final file as PDF (no editing capabilities) or TIF (no layers, LZW compression).
- If you build your file using the recommended format there will be no need to use additional compression software such as WinZip or Stuffit when uploading your files.
- Chicago Printing Center supports the latest versions of all the major graphic design software.
NOTE: We do not accept files built in MS Word or Powerpoint or any other word processing or publishing program for that matter.
NOTE: When using these software packages to create files please follow the same basic information herein, but keep in mind that you will need to compress the files into one archive using WinZip for Windows users. This helps maintain the file's integrity and prevents fonts from getting corrupted during upload.
- When building your file, please work in CMYK using US Web Coated (SWOP v2) color profile.
- Please create outlines from the fonts you used in your design or, when you create the zip file to send, include the fonts you used so the design will stay intact. We have over 3000 fonts but we cannot guarantee that your font is among ours.
- Unless otherwise requested, we will apply our "Standard Finish" to your vinyl flex. Our standard finishing is set forth as follows:
- Hem: our standard hem is 1".
- Our pocket dimension is a standard 2.5 inches.
- We ship in boxes. Shipment in tubes is available at an extra cost to handle tubing and special freight arrangements.
- Our standard folding method for vinyl flexes is to fold left to right and from top to bottom.
- We DO NOT FOLD INK-TO-INK. Chicago Printing Center uses solvent-based inks. These inks have a tendency to "stick to themselves" even when completely dry. Vinyls leaving our factory are not folded where ink touches ink. We use a "release liner" that protects the very first fold from being ink-to-ink.